Six terrorists killed in Balochistan IBOs
Six terrorists killed in Balochistan IBOs
QUETTA:
Six terrorists were killed in two separate intelligence-based operations in Balochistan on Monday, with four killed in an operation in the border area between Ziarat and Harnai and two others in Killi Zaik, according to security sources.
In the latest operation, security forces acted on intelligence regarding the presence of terrorists in a mountainous area between Ziarat and Harnai. During surveillance, the presence of three to four terrorists was confirmed inside an abandoned house, security sources said.
After confirming their presence, security forces surrounded the hideout and effectively targeted it, killing four terrorists. A search and sanitisation operation was underway in the area, while security forces continued operations against terrorist elements, the sources said.
In a separate operation earlier on Monday, two terrorists were killed and three others injured in an intelligence-based operation in Balochistan's Killi Zaik area, state-run Radio Pakistan reported citing security sources.
The operation was carried out after security forces received information about the presence of terrorists between Killi Zaik and Kaghli, around 12km north of Baseema Camp, the sources said.
The federal government last year officially designated all terrorist groups operating in Balochistan as 'Fitna al-Hindustan', accusing India of sponsoring a proxy war through these outfits. Fitna al-Khawarij is the state-designated term for the banned outfit Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).
The high-tempo intelligence-driven operations were conducted as part of the ongoing "Radd-ul-Fitna-3" campaign, which the military's media wing has described as a counterterrorism operation aimed at eliminating Indian proxies.
An exchange of fire took place during the operation, in which two terrorists were killed, and three others were injured. One of those killed was identified as Mushtaq Ahmed alias Koh Yar, according to security sources.
Security forces also recovered ammunition, magazines, hand grenades and material used to make improvised explosive devices (IEDs) from the terrorists, the sources said.
Security forces remained committed to continuing operations against terrorism until its complete elimination and the establishment of lasting peace in Balochistan, the sources said.
Earlier this month, at least 30 people, including 27 police personnel, were martyred when terrorists identified by the state as the Indian proxy Fitna al-Hindustan ambushed police personnel deployed in the Kach Mangi Phase III area of Ziarat, triggering hours-long gun battles. The attackers also abducted several civilians and police personnel after the assault.
In the aftermath of the attack, the Pakistan Army, Frontier Corps and Balochistan Police launched a joint operation, which remains underway, with forces intensifying action against terrorists across the province.