Chief Minister A. Revanth Reddy has allayed apprehensions being raised over the inclusion of lands in prohibited lists under Section 22A of the Registration Act, asserting that the State government is firm on protection of the rights of people on their properties.
He said the government has initiated steps to ensure that there are no obstacles in genuine owners registering their properties. The Chief Minister on Tuesday reviewed the situation arising out of the complaints over inclusion of private lands in the prohibited list using Section 22A with senior officials.
Officials concerned have been instructed to verify whether lands pertaining of those who obtained slots for online registration were included under Section 22A within two days and ensure registration if they were private lands. District Collectors on their part had been instructed to inspect the lands included under Section 22A and prepare a comprehensive list as it would be a permanent solution to the problem. Preparation of the lists would be completed soon. “The Government is firm that not even an inch of private land will be affected,” he said.
He urged the people not to trust brokers and middlemen as also rumours, if any, pertaining to Section 22A lands.
Published - August 19, 2026 12:22 am IST