According to Ukrinform, Interior Minister Ihor Klymenko reported this on Facebook.
"I have just received another update from Zhytomyr, where emergency and rescue operations are still underway at the building of the Main Directorate of the National Police in the Zhytomyr Region," Klymenko said.
According to him, when the air raid alert was issued, most people managed to reach shelters, but a double direct strike killed two police employees.
Police Captain Artem Zubchuk, a senior operative with the Strategic Investigations Department in the Zhytomyr Region, was killed. He was 32.
Police Lieutenant Colonel Yuliia Yevdokymova, an aide to the head of the Main Directorate of the National Police in the Zhytomyr Region, was also killed. She was 39.
More than 40 people have been injured so far, Klymenko said. All those wounded received the necessary medical assistance from the first minutes after the attack.
"This strike is a continuation of Russia's tactic of 'hunting' those who protect and save lives. Every day, police officers and rescuers, service vehicles and facilities become targets – not only in frontline regions. Almost always at the very moments when our services are helping civilians," Klymenko said.
The minister added that reports had been submitted today by Maksym Tsutskiridze, acting head of the National Police.
Response protocols for air raid alerts are in place, but Russian terrorism requires security measures to be strengthened on a regular basis, the interior minister said.
As reported, Russian jet-powered drones attacked Zhytomyr on August 19, striking the building of the Main Directorate of the National Police in the Zhytomyr Region.