According to Ukrinform, Ukraine's State Emergency Service reported this on Facebook.
"The number of people killed in yesterday's Russian attack in Zhytomyr has risen to three. Fifty-three people were injured," the statement said.
The fire has been extinguished. Emergency recovery operations are currently underway, with high-rise rescue specialists from the Cherkasy and Rivne regions involved in the work.
At the scene, State Emergency Service specialists and representatives of the Ukrainian Red Cross Rapid Response Team have set up assistance points.
Read also:More than 40 injured in Russian attack on Zhytomyr, two police officers killed
The work continued throughout the night, although repeated air raid alerts complicated the operations.
According to the Zhytomyr City Council, August 20 has been declared a day of mourning in Zhytomyr.
A Russian attack involving jet-powered drones on August 19 hit the building of the Main Department of the National Police in the Zhytomyr region. Earlier reports said more than 40 people had been injured, while two police officers were killed: 32-year-old Police Captain Artem Zubchuk and 39-year-old Police Lieutenant Colonel Yuliia Yevdokymova.