• See more Daily Mail on Google - save us as a Preferred Source

Pop singer Joss Stone dropped a massive hint that Prince Harry was planning on heading back to British soil with his family almost a year ago.

The Duke of Sussex, 41, caught up with Stone at the Lancaster Hotel in London following the WellChild Awards in September 2025.

In an interview, Ms Stone revealed that the prince had asked her about her recent move back to her birth country after years of living in Nashville, Tennessee.

Of their meeting during Harry's four-day trip to Britain, she told Hello!: 'He also asked about how we were settling back in and was genuinely interested in our move home. He's just very warm and down to earth, as always.

'Maybe Harry will move back too. That would be nice. He was saying how wonderful the schools are here and how important community is for children.

'It was nice to share that with him because it's exactly why we felt drawn to come back – for the kids to grow up surrounded by family, friends and a strong sense of belonging and most importantly in a safe environment.'

Stone also said it was 'really sweet to see him after all these years' and praised Harry for being 'so lovely' with her newborn daughter Nalima, whom he met at the event.

Meanwhile, the Daily Mail's Richard Eden had broken the news a week earlier that Harry wanted to educate his children Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, in the UK.

Prince Harry hinted nearly a year ago that he was planning on moving his family back to Britain

Joss Stone attends the WellChild Awards 2025 on September 8, where she spoke with Harry

Stone, who has been a longtime friend of the Duke's, attended the couple's wedding at Windsor Castle in May 2018 and was an ambassador for Harry's former charity Sentesntebale bale.

Stone also performed at the 2007 Concert For Diana at Wembley Stadium in memory of his mother, and first met Harry at a Prince's Trust event in 2005.

It was revealed last night that Harry and Meghan are to make a surprise return to Britain within days.

The shock development comes more than six years after their self-imposed exile to California.

The King was taken totally by surprise about the announcement when he was told on Sunday, just three days in advance - while sources said that the terms of the Megxit deal under which the Sussexes are not 'working royals' will be unchanged.

The Sussexes' status will remain the same, with the couple not being offered a 'half-in-half-out' option when it comes to their roles. But many close to the royals fear that the pair are trying to create such an arrangement regarding their royal status.

Harry and Meghan will make their home in a non-royal residence outside of London and have already enrolled Archie and Lilibet in British schools.

They are believed to have secretly stayed in the Cotswolds during their recent visit to the UK – which may signal their interest in choosing the exclusive rural area for their next home.

It was revealed last night that Harry and Meghan are to make a surprise return to Britain within days

The couple are understood to have spent a few days staying in a private house belonging to a wealthy associate close to Oxford in early July when they last came to Britain, the Daily Mail has learned.

They will retain their homes in California and Portugal, while the duchess will now run her lifestyle brand As Ever from their new base.

Prime Minister Andy Burnham said the Sussexes' security around their return to the UK was a 'private matter.'

Asked by reporters on a visit to West Yorkshire whether the Government would establish and fund their security, he said: 'Well, this is a private matter. It's a matter for Harry and for Meghan, and we wish them well in the moves that they're making.'

Harry's friend David Wiseman, chief programmes and strategy officer at Invictus Games Foundation, said the move had 'taken everybody by surprise'.

But he told the BBC that having the duke back in the UK in time for the competition's next event in Birmingham in July 2027 was 'excellent news'.

Mr Wiseman added: 'I will be really pleased to have him back in the country. Moving is stressful for anyone so I hope it all goes well and the children settle well at school.'