• See more Daily Mail on Google - save us as a Preferred Source

Tupac's stepbrother Mopreme Shakur said he 'wanted his brother back' as the legendary rapper's murder trial is set to resume today.

'The justice I want, I will never get. I want my brother back. Period dot. I want my little brother back. Pac didn’t get a trial, he just got a death sentence,' Shakur told BBC News.

'The amount of pain, distress, heartache that the family has gone through, and Pac’s fans have gone through, is unmatched.'

Opening statements will begin in the long-awaited trial of Duane 'Keffe D' Davis over the 1996 drive-by shooting that killed the California Love hitmaker.

The proceedings kicked off in Las Vegas last week, nearly 30 years after the 25-year-old musician was gunned down while riding in the passenger seat of a BMW driven by former Death Row Records boss Suge Knight.

Tupac had been in Las Vegas to watch a Mike Tyson boxing match at the MGM Grand on September 7, 1996, hours before a white Cadillac pulled alongside the car and gunfire erupted. He died from his injuries six days later.

Davis, 63, a former leader of the South Side Compton Crips, is the only person ever charged in Shakur's killing. Prosecutors allege he ordered the revenge attack and provided the gun used in the shooting, although they do not claim he pulled the trigger.

Follow the Daily Mail for more updates...