15-year-old arrested in relation to bomb hoax at Xinmin Secondary School
SINGAPORE - A 15-year-old teenager has been arrested in relation to the fake bomb threat last week at Xinmin Secondary School in Hougang.
A bomb threat was made at the secondary school on the morning of Aug 13, and led to the evacuation of students and staff members.
The police and school personnel conducted a thorough check of the premises then and no suspicious items were found.
In response to queries from The Straits Times on Aug 18, the police said a 15-year-old teenager has been arrested in relation to the case.
Investigations into the case of communicating false information of a harmful thing are ongoing.
If convicted, the teen could face up to seven years’ jail, a fine of up to $50,000, or both.
The police said it takes all security threats seriously and will not hesitate to take action against those who intentionally communicate false information on bomb threats.