Pechenihy Mayor Oleksandr Husarov announced this in a Telegram post, Ukrinform reports.
“August 18 and 19, 2026, are hereby declared days of mourning in the Pechenihy community,” Husarov said.
According to him, as of noon, 10 people had been killed and 20 injured, although these figures are not yet final.
Husarov said Russian forces struck the central part of the settlement with two missiles of the Banderol type at 8:40, at a time when people were heading to work and businesses and institutions were opening for the day.
Read also:Five people, including child, injured in Russian attack on
Kharkivregion
As reported by Ukrinform, Russian forces launched a missile strike on the settlement of Pechenihy in the Kharkiv region, killing 10 people. Seventeen injured people had previously been reported.