The countdown to autumn has begun – the launch date for Strictly Come Dancing 2026 has been revealed.

This year’s new-look series, with hosting trio Emma Willis, Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe, will kick off its live shows on Saturday 26 September. As is the norm, nobody will be eliminated in week one, meaning the first Sunday results programme will air the following week, on Sunday 4 October, where the first celebrity to leave the show will be announced.

But there’s just one month to wait until Strictly season officially starts, with the annual pre-recorded launch episode expected to air on Saturday 19 September – the week before the first live episode.

Celebrity contestants, including Dani Dyer, Delta Goodrem and Gavin & Stacey star Melanie Walters, will be paired up with their professional dance partners during the debut, as well as showing off their moves in a group dance ahead of their first official routine.

The Independent can confirm that the Strictly Come Dancing final is set to take place, as usual, days before Christmas on Saturday 20 December. * *

All of the 15 celebrities taking part in this year’s Strictly Come Dancing competition have now been revealed.

Alongside Dyer, Goodrem and Walters will be EastEnders actor Lacey Turner, actor Jaime Winstone, footballer Shaun Wright-Phillips and Paralympian Dame Sarah Storey.

Strictly 2026 will also star hair stylist Chris Appleton, Love Island contestant Cach Mercer, TV presenter Will Best and House of the Dragon actor Bethany Antonia.

Meanwhile, Winter Olympic gold medalist Tabby Stoecker, dog expert Graeme Hall, Emmerdale’s Lawrence Robb and football content creator John Nellis round out this year’s cast.

Strictly is undergoing some huge changes ahead of its 2026 run, with Willis, Widdombe and Radebe replacing outgoing presenters Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman. They will be the show’s first line-up of three presenters since Daly and Winkleman fronted the format with Bruce Forsyth in 2013.

Sharing the news in a statement, Willis said that she’s a “huge fan” of Strictly and “can’t quite comprehend” becoming a presenter on the show. “It’s impossible to fill the shoes that Tess and Claudia have left behind – two wonderful, iconic women who have been the beating heart of Strictly for so long,” she said.

“I can only hope that we are able to help to steer the ship as beautifully as they have, into this new chapter. I can’t wait to spend my weekends with Josh and Jojo, the incredible dancers and the judges. Fingers crossed for a 10 from them!”

Five professionals – Karen Hauer, Gorka Marquez, Nadiya Bychkova, Luba Mushtuk and Michelle Tsiakkas – won’t be returning for the new season and have been replaced by new additions.

Comedian, presenter and Ted Lasso actor Ellie Taylor, who appeared on Strictly in 2022, has been announced as the new host of companion show It Takes Two, replacing Fleur East and Janette Manrara.

Last year’s series of Strictly was won by former Lioness Karen Carney, who was partnered with professional Carlos Gu.

You can find a full list of the 2026 Strictly Come Dancing contestants here.