Miss USA and Miss Teen USA will not air on The CW Network this year due to what organizers have called “a contractual issue.”

The pageants last aired on The CW in 2024. When the 2025 event moved to streaming platform the Queen Beauty Network, it represented the first time in 65 years that the pageants had not been shown live on broadcast television.

This year’s event, which will take place in Miami, Florida from August 24 to August 27, had been scheduled to return to The CW.

However, in a statement posted Thursday to Instagram, the Miss USA organization said: “Two weeks ago, we identified a contractual issue with our production arrangements that could not be resolved within the necessary timeframe.”

It continued: “Since then, our team has worked diligently to explore options that would allow us to continue with a live broadcast on The CW. Unfortunately, we were unable to reach mutually agreeable terms for this year’s event.”

The statement goes on to say that the organization is “grateful” for their relationship with The CW, and hopes to “work together in the future.”

The organization also confirmed that this year’s preliminary competitions and finals will be streamed on the Queen Beauty Network.

They concluded: “We are excited to bring Miss USA to audiences everywhere and appreciate your continued support.”

In a statement to People, a spokesperson for The CW Network confirmed the news and added: “After careful consideration and conversations with the Miss USA Organization, The CW Network has decided to forego next week’s broadcasts of the Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageants. We wish the organization and all of this year’s contestants well in the competition.”

The Miss USA pageant has been rocked by various setbacks in the last few years. In May 2024, Miss USA 2023 Noelia Voigt and Miss Teen USA UmaSofia Srivastava resigned their crowns amid accusations of mistreatment and mismanagement by the Miss USA Organization.

It was the first time in 70 years of the competition, which was previously owned by Donald Trump, that both winning queens resigned from their positions.

In the run-up to this year’s event, Miss North Carolina USA Brittany Boltinhouse was dethroned just weeks after being crowned.

Thom Brodeur, chairman and CEO of the Miss USA Organization which owns and operates Miss USA, stated that Boltinhouse, 27, was stripped of her title after what he described as conduct that violated the organization’s standards discovered in a “thorough review of recently surfaced information.”

Although Brodeur did not specify the conduct, he said the pageant “does not tolerate racism, homophobia, transphobia nor language that strips any person of their dignity — whoever they are.”